Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Oktoberfest Sneak Preview

Photobucket
The Oktoberfest Dress


This is a sneak preview of something I'm whipping up for this weekend's Oktoberfest festivities.  I used a vintage pattern (from my great aunt's collection) and turned it into a dirndl dress.  The yellow flower-print fabric comes from my mother's stash of fabric and is probably at least twenty years old.  I'm almost finished sewing the dress-- I need to adjust the hem and add a back zipper and then this dress will be ready for a spin on the town.

On another note, I'm sorry that I disappeared from the blog for a bit.  I was in Vermont for most of the summer taking German language classes at Middlebury College.  I had intended to keep the blog updated (although all of my entries would have had to be in German-- that's one of the conditions of the "Middlebury Pledge"), but I ended up being so busy going to classes and studying that I hardly had time for anything else.  With any luck, I'll be able to get some of my summer photos posted.  Vermont is seriously gorgeous!  Anyway, I've missed you guys.  I'm going to ease back into this blogging stuff, but I do hope to be more committed!

No comments: