Friday, October 3, 2008

Trust Me

The big message that I've been getting from God of late is "Trust Me." It seems that I've been trying to run the show, and God keeps telling me to take it easy and rely on Him.

I'm reading The Hiding Place, which is the story of Corrie Ten Boom, a Dutch Christian who risks her life to put Jews into hiding during World War II. She's very courageous, putting an inordinate amount of trust in God as she comes to the aid of hundreds of Jews and leads the underground resistance in Holland. I'm still in the beginning of the book, but from what I understand, she finds herself in a concentration camp, where she loses both father and sister, but at the end of the day, she still loves the Lord her God. She's able to pray for and forgive her captors. It's a pretty amazing story.

Below is an anecdote from the novel that really inspires me and speaks to my heart. It takes place when Corrie is a little girl, asking her father lots of questions about life. It struck me as I am like the little girl, confused and wondering, asking too many questions.

At last he (Father) stood up, lifting his traveling case from the rack over our heads, and set it on the floor.

"Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?" he said.

I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased that morning.

"It's too heavy," I said.

"Yes," he said. "And it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It's the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you."


I pray that I will trust Him to carry it for me.

No comments: