Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's Blogger Time

It seems that no matter how hard I try to be a consistent poster, I lose track of the days, and before you know a week, or even a month has passed before I've written anything.  My hat certainly goes off to those bloggers who post every day or every other day.  Oh well.  I mean well (much like everything I do in life), but I somehow find myself easily sidetracked.

I just picked up the current issue of Elle with a surprisingly attractive Mariah Carey on the cover.  I'm stealing a bit of their thunder, but I've been perusing the issue for less than five minutes and I've already stumbled across these items I want:


Of course, it only costs $1475 + shipping for all twelve designs in addition to a subscription to seven issues.  Yeah, once my next paycheck rolls in I will be signing up for that.  Hmmm.


  • Edward Steichen: In High Fashion: The Conde Nast Years, 1923-1937.  
     Wow, this book is quite a beauty, filled with fashion photographs.  You can buy it here at Amazon.com, but I'm hoping my local library will carry it.

  • Imperishable Beauty at Boston's Museum of Fine Arts.  The exhibit showcases art nouveau jewelry from the late 1800s to early 1900s.
Art Nouveau?  Jewelry?  Enough said.  I.Wanna.Be.There.

No comments: